Latino Anti-Disinformation Lab, Research Manager
The Latino Anti-Disinformation Lab (LADL) is a joint project between Voto Latino, the nation’s largest Latinx voter registration and engagement organization, and Media Matters for America, a nonprofit disinformation watchdog. The mission of the Latino Anti-Disinformation Lab is to create better tools and resources to enable organizations to combat the threat of mis- and dis-information within the Latinx community.
This is a senior position that will help build and shape LADL programming. This position will be housed at Voto Latino and will report to Voto Latino’s Vice President of Programming.
- Contribute to media research strategy holistically and on a project-by-project basis
- Provide primary or secondary analysis for research data, which may involve the use of quantitative and/or qualitative methods
- Synthesize various media research findings and present to partners and relevant stakeholders
- Support the testing of inoculation and anti-disinformation campaigns by providing guidance on content, audiences, and overall strategy
- Draft program memos, proposals, and summaries for internal and external audiences
- Develop and manage project management processes and procedures for media research and testing
- Strong commitment to progressive causes and the Latinx community
- Working knowledge of mis and dis-information trends, patterns, and impacts on the Latinx community
- Minimum of 4 years experience in media research or relevant field
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- Extensive experience in communication and digital research
- Familiarity with data analysis and data collection methods used for tracking media
- Strong communication skills and an ability to present technical information
- Respected and trusted by stakeholders and partners
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work across multiple organizations and departments
- Management experience is a plus
Salary & Benefits
Salary range is $70,000-$80,000 annually. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and paid vacation leave. This is a full-time employment position.
To apply email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Please use “Research Manager” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino:
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.