SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEO PRODUCER (CONTENT CREATOR)
Are you passionate about the intersection of Latinidad, social justice, and youth culture? Do you know how to get good lighting, edit a 12 second clip to be eight, and find that special moment in footage? Do you know how to work with professional video equipment as well as phone cameras? Are you comfortable being yourself and performing on camera? If so, we’re interested in you for the role of social media video producer, with a special focus on short videos for platforms like Tik Tok.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce TikTok and other short form vertical videos, 2-3 times a week
- Write informational scripts that are thoroughly researched that can be used for videos/infographics
- Be comfortable on-camera
- Be able to record and edit with quick turnaround times
- Have a strong sense of social media trends (Twitter, IG, and TikTok)
- Build VL’s new Tik Tok from the ground up
- Have a strong familiarity with Latinx culture/issues
- Have familiarity with politics and social justice
- Be willing to experiment and think outside the box
- Keep things fun and engaging
- Travel as needed, post-covid, typically once per quarter or more
- Be able to work as a team with other content creators
- 1-3 years professional experience producing social media content.
- MUST have Adobe Premiere and Photoshop experience. After Effects preferred, but not required.
- MUST show previous social media or video work experience (TikToks, vlogs, memes, short films, music videos are all welcomed!)
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks/campaigns with varying and shifting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to integrate messaging across communications platforms.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice.
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary is 50-65k annually, depending on experience. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Work is largely remote with occasional in-person needs. Coworking office space available but not required. Voto Latino is based in Washington, D.C. Preference for those based in or be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Social Media Content Creator” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.